Comprehensive Orthopaedic Global is proud to employ a team of wound care doctors who offer assistance to those experiencing ankle or foot wounds that have not healed after 30 days or more. Additionally, our team works with patients suffering from wounds that are more difficult to heal, particularly those dealing with rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, a traumatic injury, or another condition.
Our experienced team will examine and assess your condition in order to develop a personalized treatment plan promoting the healing of your wound. Your wound care treatment plan will allow you to return to your everyday routine and activities as quickly and safely as possible.
Our wound care doctors in the Virgin Islands offer comprehensive care to every patient. After an initial evaluation, you’ll be presented with a personalized treatment plan that has taken your condition and your needs into consideration. Once you have begun your treatment plan, we will continue to monitor your progress to ensure its effectiveness.
Our team offers a wide range of treatment methods, including:
- Specialized dressings: Different conditions may call for different types of dressings. For instance, one dressing is designed to promote healing and reduce the chance of infection. Additionally, there is an outer wrap with a distinct compression feature and shape, designed to promote proper healing.
- Debridement: During this process, a wound care physician removes unhealthy tissue from the wound, allowing new tissue the potential to grow.
- Infection control: Infection could potentially impact any open wound. Supervising the wound closely during the healing process can lead to less infection and faster healing.
- Bio-synthetic grafts: Some wounds may be best served by the addition of a synthetic skin substitute. Additionally, good nutrition with plenty of proteins, vitamins, and minerals can help the healing process.
Your wound care specialist will work with you to discuss the various treatment options and decide on a method that will best suit your particular case.
We treat many various types of wounds, including:
- Vein failure
- Traumatic injuries
- Wounds from surgery
- Radiation injury
- Wounds related to rheumatoid arthritis
- Pressure ulcers
- Wounds related to diabetes
- Collagen vascular disease
- Charcot foot damage
- Failure of the artery
The team of wound specialist doctors at Comprehensive Orthopaedic Global understands that painful wounds can make it difficult or impossible to carry on with your daily activities.
Why Choose Comprehensive Orthopaedic Global?
Comprehensive Orthopaedic Global offers an experienced team who have undergone extensive training in the treatment of wounds. Our wound care specialist, Dr. Brian Bacot, is equipped with the training and experience to examine, assess, diagnose, and treat a wide range of wounds. Our specialist will provide personalized treatment plans specific to your needs and circumstances. Dr. Bacot will work together with the team of therapists at COG Restore to ensure that you have an easy transition into rehabilitation and a smooth recovery period overall.