At Comprehensive Orthopaedic Global and COG Restore, we are dedicated to hiring individuals that share our commitment to exceptional patient services.
Current Positions Available:
Located on St. Croix, We are seeking an X-Ray Technician to join our team of highly skilled professionals.
Primary job duties include, but not limited to:
• Must have successfully completed an approved Radiology Program and passed the ARRT Certification exam or the equivalent. V. I. Radiology License
• Associate or Bachelor Degree in Radiology
• Operates X-Ray and C-Arm machines
• Knowledge of DR system
• Knowledge of ALARA
• Demonstrate proficiency in all patient pre-exam activities
Located on St. Croix, We are seeking a Surgical Technician to join our team of highly skilled professionals.
Primary job duties include, but not limited to:
• Prepare operating rooms for surgery
• Sterilize equipment and make sure that there are adequate supplies for surgery
• Prepare patients for surgery, such as washing and disinfecting incision sites
• Help surgeons during surgery by passing them instruments and other sterile supplies
• Count supplies such as sponges and instruments to maintain a sterile environment
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Certification as a Surgical Technician preferred
• Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Professional Rescuer BLS certification
Comprehensive Surgical Services, on St. Thomas, is seeking a motivated experienced PACU/Recovery Registered Nurse who is able to care for the patient of any age. This nurse must be able to maintain accurate and continued patient documentation, be knowledgeable of medications and the administration of medications for pain and nausea, possess proficient assessment skills, have the ability to function in a high pressure environment and have exceptional interpersonal communication and collaborative skills. Active VI License required. BLS, ACLS and PALS preferred but will assist in completion.
VIGI in St. Thomas is seeking an office manager to join our team of highly skilled professionals. The Office Manager oversees the daily operations of the Clinic and Surgical Facility. This position requires knowledge and experience in all facets of operating a medical office including some business office functions. Strong communication skills, attention to detail and customer service skills are required.
Primary Job Duties include:
· High School diploma or equivalent required
· Strong Leadership
· Customer Service Skills
· Knowledge on Provider Credentialing (not limited to)
· Scheduling office procedures (not limited to)
· Scheduling hospital procedures (not limited to)
· Prior authorization
· Experience in healthcare setting
· HIPPAA and OSHA recommended but not necessary
· Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
· Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
· Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
· Attention to detail and problem solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
· Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
· Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc
Registered Nurse (RN)
Registered Nurse (RN)
Position Reports To:
Administrator / Clinical Director
Definition of Position:
The RN provides individualized and specialized nursing care to patients in the Center in accordance with the attending physician’s orders, recognized nursing techniques, legal aspects of current nursing practice within the state and the Center’s policies and procedures. The Surgical RN participates in the teaching of patients and family and provides leadership by working cooperatively with other health care team members. The Surgical RN collaborates with physicians and other health care workers to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care. The Surgical RN maintains standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
An RN may act as the Clinical Supervisor as required, in the absence of the Clinical Supervisor.
The responsibilities of the RN may include, but are not limited to, the following:
A. Preparing patients physically and emotionally for procedure.
B. Obtaining patient’s history and brief assessment.
C. Observing patient’s condition and reporting immediately any untoward signs, symptoms or unusual occurrences.
D. Explaining procedure and answering questions.
E. Assisting in patient discharge:
a. Providing discharge instructions;
b. Assisting patients to the car.
F. Assisting other staff members in completion of their duties.
G. Monitoring and providing for recovery of patients.
H. Providing care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
I. Promoting positive image and concern for patient welfare to patient and family.
J. Anticipating the needs of the physician.
K. Administering IV medications.
L. Following cardiac/respiratory arrest guidelines.
M. Maintaining the physical surrounding of the Center and ensuring it is conducive to the optimal safety and comfort of the patient and optimal performance of the procedure.
N. Respecting the privacy of patients and holding in confidence all information obtained in the performance of professional service.
O. Maintaining supplies and medications under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor
P. Accurately collecting and processing specimens
Q. Assisting with preparation and performance of procedures.
R. Assists in maintenance of records and quality assurance studies as directed.
S. Maintaining effective interpersonal relationships.
T. Maintaining current procedure knowledge through:
1. Attending annual education courses;
2. Networking with personnel working in other facilities.
U. Maintaining patient safety and protection from injury by proper use of safety devices and proper use of equipment and supplies.
V. Reporting any unusual occurrences or incidents accurately to the Clinical Supervisor.
W. Utilizing proper body mechanics when lifting supplies.
X. Demonstrating a thorough knowledge of sterilization and cleaning techniques.
Y. Appropriately cleaning and preparing re-usable equipment for sterilization.
Z. Supervising sponge and needle counts.
AA. Verifying that equipment is maintained at an optimally achievable level of quality and is safe for patient and staff use.
BB. Immediately reporting any malfunctioning equipment to Clinical Supervisor.
CC. Communicating and coordinating procedure scheduling prior to patient arrival date.
DD. Serving as a resource and role model.
EE. Providing billing department with complete equipment charges.
FF. Supervising the clinical activities of technicians and other non-licensed personnel as directed.
GG. Participating in orientation training, including reviewing the outcomes of nursing interventions.
HH. Serving as a clinical resource:
II. Sharing knowledge commensurate with level of experience;
JJ. Participating in formal and informal teaching.
KK. Participating on committees as required.
LL. Demonstrating professional accountability.
MM. Observing Center policies and procedures and professional standards.
NN. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
OO. Current state license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
PP. 2 years or recent nursing experience, GI and/or critical care experience preferred.
QQ. Nursing skills applicable to the Georgia Nursing Practice Act, strong technical and organizational skills.
RR. Ability to stand, reach, assist to transfer up to 50 pounds; ability to stand and/or walk 80-90% of an 8 hour day; visual and hearing acuity to perform job related functions.
SS. Excellent interpersonal skills and organizational skills that are consistent, efficient and accurate.
TT. Knowledge of the nursing process, pharmacology and physiological system review required.
UU. Possessing the technical skill required in performing surgical procedures.
VV. A mastery of intravenous puncture required.
WW. Initiative, reliability and flexibility as well as a commitment to a high standard of performance.
XX. Current BLS (CPR) certification required.
YY. ACLS certification and re-certification required.
• Lifting Requirements: 20 – 50 lbs.
• Frequency of Lifting: 0 – 25 % of the time
Average percent of time during regular shift devoted to:
• Standing, Walking, Bending, Reaching: 75%
• Sitting: 25%